Tuesday, September 8, 2009

mosquitos.

So i haven't had a good nights sleep since i left home....so instead of going out and partying tonight with the international club i wanted to go and catch some much needed sleep. Now i should explain that i have kept the windows closed in my dorm since day one because the day i got here the first girl i met told me how she got 40 mosquito bites at night and could hear them buzzing all night. So of course tonight i get back to my room to find out one of my roomates opened up the bloody window. I closed it hoping that nothing had found its way in. The minute my tired head hits the pillow i can hear the darn things buzzing around my head and feel them biting me, so instead of sleeping or partying, here i am blogging, all because of the stupid mosquitos. One thing i can say about Bilgi university is that it certainly is safe, i visited the Dolapadere campus today and its built behind a large gray wall in the sketchy part of town. They do a lot of research and outreach which i guess makes it a prime location but honestly one of the things i like best about Istanbul is the fact that everything isn't seperated by class, in fact many of the rich people live among the poor people and homeless are begging on every street corner, not just certain ones in certain areas. Of course this sometimes gives certain parts of the city a trashy feel but i think that is my American perspective, people in all corridors are friendly and during the day i feel completely safe....well that is all i can say for now...i gotta do some extermination now if i ever want to sleep again...

No comments:

Post a Comment