Sunday, October 11, 2009

22 years later....

Technically since it is now 1205 it is no longer my birthday but i'll write about it as if it still is....
it was a great day. I woke up and went to chruch with Maja...and then we ate with the church congregation, Iranian rice which was amazing...and then we had cake and coffee at my favorite cafe. And then i went back to the dorm and watched movies on my computer and talked to Fatih about the mysteries of life and then i went to dinner. That would have been a perfect ending to a perfectly normal day but my amazing friends suprised me with cake, champagne and baklava and a bracelet, with the birthday song...i couldn't wish for anything better then friends like the ones i have made here, the kind of friends that you can count on to cheer you up even when you haven't told them you are feeling down. They make every day something special and i mean that from the bottom of my heart. They have known me a month, and yet i feel closer to them than many of my friends back home... (Matt, Eric, Rosalyn you are exluded from that). its amazing how i didn't have to say anything at all, i didn't remind anyone it was my birthday they just made me feel so special, i could go on and on but the point of this blog is simply to record the great feeling i have inside right now, i feel at home, i feel like me, i feel so complete and so happy right now its hard to believe that all is not right in the world...Allright enough sappy blog talk...next time i promise i'll have something constructive to talk about

No comments:

Post a Comment